Help Us Grow Our Table!
Food insecurity has risen during the pandemic and has affected many who never thought they would need help. Saukville Community Food Pantry’s volunteers do impressive work in the confines of our current space, but the food pantry is in desperate need of a larger facility to meet ongoing needs and expand our programs.
Saukville Community Food Pantry is excited to announce a $1M Capital Campaign to expand the pantry into a new food center to increase our service capacity through Ozaukee County and surrounding regions. The pantry has $100,000 in funds already raised, but the Capital Campaign needs $900k to acquire an existing building and make necessary modifications to the existing space to:
- Expand our warehouse to store more food and supplies
- Increase the size of the food market
- Create a dedicated donation drop off are for easier food delivery
- Enhance accessibility with a ground-level entrance for clients and volunteers
- Construct food processing stations for receiving and cleaning fresh food
- Create an area for our community meals and their preparation that provides more space for families, individuals, and volunteers to interact
- Install a commercial food composter
- Broaden the programs we offer, such as our Weekend Backpack program to more schools in the county
- Build space for a community garden and more hydroponic gardening
- Share the community room to our partners and other service organizations
Please consider making a donation to our Capital Campaign to help us reach our goal of a larger space for expanded programs in Ozaukee County.